Tuesday 11 October 2011

Vectorising typeface

In order to import my assests into Fontographer, they have to be .eps files. Each asset had to be cropped down, and slightly 'tidied up' in Photoshop. If I left pencil marks on the .psd this makes live tracing in Illustrator (vectorising) difficult.


Original scan

'Tidied up' .psd
























Once open in Illustrator, I had to select the image, and live trace using a preset I had created for this very typeface to allow the best result. I had 2x presets. One being 'helv' and the other 'helv2'. These were only slightly different as some letters needed thicker lines than others, dur to the pen used on the day of original creation.

 Original .psd open in Illustrator

 'helv' live trace preset
 'helv2' live trace preset
 Final result
Expanded result

No comments:

Post a Comment