Tuesday 25 October 2011

Evaluation of week 3

I have done alot more work which I believe is more relevant to my practice and the final result. Experimentation has been a huge part of this week and it has resulted in me being much happier with the finished product of my specimen book. By experimenting with colour in more depth than the previous week and also correctly creating my font Exhilaro I have produced a deliverable which I am happy to show off and is a better final result and application of the font than I imagined at the beginning of this brief.

At the Manchester Book Fair I asked Jonny, Dutch and Steph for some honest feedback as we found that we had similar views on some peoples work. One thing that some people have said is that the font is a bit messy. I should have paid more attention to the vectorisation of each hand drawn element. Dutch also said that he likes that I have strong opinions and I voice them, even though he may not agree with my point of view, he likes the vocalisation of them.

Even though I started applying my font to postcards, I am leaving Brief 01 alone for now. I need to start working on other briefs and not get so consumed by one. This week I really need to focus my remaining briefs down and make decisions about content for each.

An addition of Brief 05 and Brief 06 have been added to my range. I have been accepted for the pop-up shop and would like this be become Brief 05. Brief 06 is proposed to be a revived identity for the digital print resource. I think it is hard for some to understand what stock they can print on and even though it may be cheaper to use their own stock, it is at the loss of quality. I want to solve this problem.





No comments:

Post a Comment