Friday 21 October 2011

Specimen printing and binding

This has been the most complicated print I have ever done for myself or printed for anyone else! By taking advantage of my knowledge of digital print I knew my restrictions and limitations. The printing process was very complicated and took both me and James to work out how to paginate correctly.

Each booklet had to be sent to print in 2 parts. Firstly with 2-up consecutive pagination and secondly with 3-up consecutive pagination. The first part of the printing also involved changing paper stocks for each relevant spread. I used A4 thick, A4 thin and A4 tracing. The second part of the printing was on A3 thin stock.

It took roughly 20 mins to print a complete book and so I only managed to print 5. Binding them was also an issue as I did not have the relevant tools and it was very fiddly!



No comments:

Post a Comment