Wednesday 19 October 2011

Fontographer 3

Now that I could open up Helvetica Bold in Fontographer I found a way to use the existing letterforms of Helvetica Bold as a template and import my letterform onto the outline layer. Meaning that I could appropriately scale my letterforms.

 Original Helvetica Bold 'a'.
 Cut from the Outline layer.
 Selection of Template layer.
 Paste onto Template layer.
 Selection of Outline layer.
 File, Import.
 Eps...
 Selection of Exhilaro 'a'
 Import of Exhilaro 'a' onto Outline layer.
Selection of all nodes and scaled down to Helvetic Bold 'a' as shown in the background from the Template layer.
Completed letterform with Template layer hidden.
















To test that this had worked and that once generated, the Template layer was hidden, I generated the font files from Fontographer.























Clearly this has worked, however it has not sorted out the issue of spacing between letters. This will be an issue I resolve at a later stage as for the moment I purely need the font creating so i can produce my specimen book for Friday! I can now import all the other elements of the font. Fontographer has become easier to use as I have got used to it, and on certain aspets it is very helpful, such as if I have some human error and things don't line up as they should, I can rectify this easily as demonstrated below...

 Misalignment of elements.
 Selection and move.
Selection and move.

No comments:

Post a Comment