Thursday 20 October 2011

Specimen colour

After looking at the Pantone Books, I have printed some selected colours in digital print on the stocks which I will be using for my books. By using the stock from digital print, I can get the best colours and most professional results.




















Tested the colours on the two weights of paper which I will be using to make sure the colours are the same. Also tested the colour on tracing paper.












































I want the Exhilaro font to pop off the page and I also want the Helvetica type to be bold. I would like the background to be pale. I have decided upon this from my research. I know that some of the above colour combinations are either feminine, masculine or just don't work. I decided upon the first one from the experiment to apply it to my specimen book.






















However, as I was applying the colour I stopped and saw what I had created and liked it better!



















The blue make Exhilaro seem flat on the page and having it black made it really stand out. I really did not want to use black! Black is such an unimaginative colour, but as I was explaining my book to someone earlier, I realised there are alot of elements to it (thick cover, thin pages, tracing paper pages, fold out pages) and 3 bold colours is alot... I rally do prefer it like this and believe it works so much better to communicate the font.













No comments:

Post a Comment