Thursday 20 October 2011

Specimen InDesign

Now that I have my font generated, and also have designed the layout for the specimen book for Exhilaro, I bought all the elements together and digitised the specimen book... I was hoping to print this today, however the generating of Exhilaro in Fontographer took longer than expected and more issues arised which I did not forsee. James is teaching all day on Thursday and we have a visiting professional on Friday morning so I have booked myself in for Friday afternoon to print this book. I am not happy with this time as it does not allow for any problems printing.

This is going to be tricky to print, and to put together. I want to saddle stitch this and round the corners. The front and back cover will also be printed on 245gsm and the inside pages will be printed on 140gsm. 2 pages have an additional fold out page and 2 single pages will be printed on tracing paper, the position of which has been worked out through understanding the pagination. I would also like to experiment with colour in digital print. Ideally I want to use 3 contrasting colours. One for the background, one for the information in Helvetica, and one for Exhilaro.

There are a few small additions to still be applied to this specimen book and one dps still needs creating, but this is the basic look...













No comments:

Post a Comment