Thursday 24 November 2011

Complimentary type

To go alongside the type I have created for 'Saturday Sessions' I think a similar font would be best.  I do want it to look different though. It needs to be easily legible and communicate the information rather than expressing character.
















When shown alongside the type I just created, these few work best... They are Champagne & Limousines, Ostrich Sans Rounded Medium, GeosansLight and DIN-LightAlternate.



















When viewed from a distance, Ostrich Sans Rounded Medium, is hard to read. The spacing is way too tight and when read with Saturday Sessions it confuses my eyes weirdly, I guess it is the change in kerning. DIN-LightAlternate doesn't work well either. The shape of the letter has more of a serious tone than the theme. Initially I wanted a different font than the one I have messed with, but it turns out in this case it is probably the best! I am going with Champagne & Limousines as the supporting font.


No comments:

Post a Comment