Friday 29 October 2010

Spread it

Inspired by the thought of printing on toast I decided to experiment with how to make toast look even more appealling to customers. Obviously we can put different things on toast and I think this could be a brilliant idea for my range. Packaging different types of bread with an accompaniment which best suits it. Initially I just want to see what a few of the nations favourite toast toppings look like when spread.

My tools.

Jam.
Jam looks sooo good. Even though I am not a fan I still love the smell of hot jam on toast. Makes the mouth water.
Marmalade.
Bleugh. I HATE MARMALADE. Bowever, the bits in it do present some interesting sights. I could possibly use these to add detail to any design I put on toast.
Marmite.
Love it or hate it. The famous phrase. I hate the smell but it just looks delicious! The shiny surface of it is wonderful! This could add a bit of sparkle to my design.
Peanut butter.
Wonderful stuff to eat... but it is a bit os a strange one visually. It is so thick and plaster like that it detracts too much fom the toast. Hopefully I can find a use for this and a way of showing peanut butter on toast in a better way.



I also would like to try other spreads such as lemon curd and different jams along with eggs and beans, bacon, sausages etc... I realised as I was spreading the jam that the thicker spread the deeper the colour. This could be a brilliant technique for creating depth in whatever design I use on my toast in the end but is a consideration I hadn't thought about previously.

No comments:

Post a Comment