Friday 15 October 2010

Additional folds on 4B

Yay! I have started designing and editing my nets! I had an idea of putting in some additional folds and increasing the length of some of the panels to make net 4B look more like a loaf of bread. It will still keep the basic principles of the initial net.

Initial net with panels indicated whee changes should be made (1, 2&3.)

Panel 1 with additional folds and design ideas.

Panel 1 as it should look front the front when made up and net is complete.













This panel should form the basis of my loaf of bread. This has only been made on layout paper and so is very flimsy! I just wanted to see if what I had in my head would work on paper and it seems to be just what I thought. This will work alot better on a thicker stock and got me thinking about how I would make this 2 colour. I wonder if a transparent stock would work. I am not sure if I have to use the same stock for all 3 nets either as I do not think this would be suitable for my other ideas.

Panel 2 would need a slight change of shape.




















I would have to be careful to make sure that panels fit together properly and it would need to be air tight I guess... uh oh. That is a big flaw in my idea!

Panel 3 would need lengthening slightly to fit with the other panels.

No comments:

Post a Comment