Monday 18 October 2010

2x Colour

Variety of spot colours, working as pairs.















Through the digital workshops I understand how to print 2 colours effectively. I also researched into 2 colour printing to find some interesting processes I could use. I have stuck with a pretty simple method of overprinting for ease and time efficiency. I overlapped 2 identical words and frames so that I could see the effect of overprint on both. I thought that anything with green involving bread reminded me of mold and so that was quickly decided against. The purples and pinks sometimes looked too feminine. Overall I decided upon red and blue (Pantone reference) as these don't appear threatening but somehow trustworthy. Maybe as they are not brash and overpowering.

Chosen spot colours. (Pantone references).




















I really like these 2 spot colours and can use tints of these and my print will still be 2 colours (only using 2 printing plates).

No comments:

Post a Comment