Tuesday 23 March 2010

OUGD104 - What is a Line? (23.03.10)

Buggy
This is Buggy. Buggy jump, Buggy fly, Buggy splat, Buggy die. This is an old hand action kids do in schools and I thought it might be fun to demonstrate this in photographic form... as the actions work kind of like a pictogram. I would really like to develop this further and the possibly experiment with sign language. This is related to time as a sequence, only when the images are in the right order do they make sense.


Inhale
A cigarette burns away as time goes by and I have documented every drag of one. I selected the  with the most visual variations. I think it shows the process well, however It is not very interesting or new. 

2 comments:

  1. I really think these images work well.
    It'd be good to see a variety of these sequences.
    For example:

    cooking food, eating a boiled egg! drinking, burning candle... etc..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, I will definately experiment with cooking and burning a candle. Thanks for your help! x

    ReplyDelete