Tuesday 16 March 2010

OUGD104 - What is a Line? (16.03.10)

I got some feedback on my idea for 'What is a Line'. From this I looked into a few more artists/designers that could inspire me. I found Sam Taylor-Wood really interesting and I want to do something similar with bread... if I can stand the mould! I was also advised to check out the Nine Inch Nails video which includes a decomposing fox. I like the black and white feel to this video and I think I will use it in my final piece because when you have a black and white image, your eyes are not distracted by colours and conotation of these, but what is actually in the photograph. From a photographic point of view, I much prefer black and white film images. to colour and digital, however on this course, and for my experimentation I am using a compact digital camera in colour just for ease.

Stoppit & Tidyup
I want to document everyday things where we normally miss the change going on... If you see someone everyday, nothing much appears to alter, but if you see something with a large gap of time, the change is obvious. I photographed every 3 minutes of me tidying my room (yes this pigsty is my room!). In an attempt a drastic change over a short space of time. I think it works pretty well as a document, but it's not really that interesting!

- Stoppit & Tidyup

Suprise!
A trip that I do often when I am back in my home town of Newark (don't go there, save yourself) is to my friend Michelles house. As you can tell by the last photo, when I arrived, I had not told Michelle that she would be papparazzied on her own front doorstep! Oooops... On a professional note, this sequence wrks really well when flicked through really quickly as you can kind of tell where the car is going and where I was heading. With this sequence I took a picture at intervals but where I could capture the most information, such as corners and streets. This would work really well as a flip book when done properly. I quite like this idea...

- Suprise!

No comments:

Post a Comment