Thursday 15 April 2010

OUGD104 - What is a Line? (Easter)

Beginning of Easter - Still experimenting
Well... I carried on experimenting over the Easter break with what timline I could document and here they are...

- What is a Line?

- Hello. My name is Patrick.

- Hello. My name is Becki.

- The paths we choose

End of Easter - Seriously, what is a line?
After all my experiementing, I thought it would be even more appropriate to make one final sequence based on lines and travel. Lines to reinforce the theme of a continuous event and travel as many of my sequences seemed to use this. I also wanted to add time into the equation and have a final piece showing all of these. I was also interested in creating it in flipbook form, instead of a digital animation.

For all these reasons I decided to photograph all the fixed vertical lines in my room (items which are always there). I went round my room in a clockwise motion to encapsulate the time , as seem on a clock face. I wanted to make 3 flip books (however only 2 would upload at this time), all with the same images inside, drawing upon what I had leant in Visual Language and demonstrate that things can look different by frame and format. Unfortunately everything seemed to go wrong the day before submission...

No comments:

Post a Comment