Wednesday 30 March 2011

Web workshop 1

Morning session...
Really useful workshop. I don't want to be a web designer or design for web, but I really want to design my own website. I think it is a bit low when designers don't design their own identity... makes me question their ability.



Apple UK





































The Apple website is very clinical and boring, corporate and structured due to the limited colour, alot of information and branding throughout. It doesn't have personality which shines and looks clean, but messy with so much to look at.

Sumit Paul























Intreguing by having a name as the first thing you see... however this looks rather pretentious... also lacks personality... and the colour choices are awful.

East Village Eatery
























Could look expensive but I do prefer this as it has personality and use of colour demonstrates branding, but not corporate.

Stephen Caver
























I like the colours and the that type has been used... but it is overpowering and is hard to read because the flow is disrupted by weight. I don't understand why the navigation is repeated at the bottom aswell as at the top... There are little bits I like about this website, but there is alot which annoys me.

Monsieur Cabinet
























This just looks like a template to me and I HATE the background colour. The navigation is also hard to read with alot of options.

Oliver James Gosling
























Looks corporate... almost government. Also why does it look like paper when he is a web developer. Doesn't stand out and says he is a serious designer. No fun involved with this guy apparently.

Olly Moss
























Use of Indexhibit is now really popular and in this case, intregues to look further into the design... I guess you go into it with fresh eyes and are not tainted or have pre-conseptions. This would only really work if you work was good! I like it... just I am not keen on the branding... it doesn't look any different at the first page.

Evangel Cathedral
























Worst website ever. Everything moves. Tilled background with a gradient... nuff said.

Afternoon session...
Bassically went over the same stuff as in the morning but in a more organisational view in terms of linking pages etc. It was a bit complicated as it is hard to tell how things link back and what is visable on each page. I think I would find it easier (as we have a limited number of pages) to simply sketch or write out what would be on each page. Obv if there are many many pages, I can see how this flow chart way of working would be valuable. Basically I want the navigation to be shown on all pages and as few pages as possible. I need to put up on DC some websites which I like.

IMAGE OF NOTEBOOK



No comments:

Post a Comment