Thursday 17 March 2011

Type 8

Business card feedback
Graham compared my business card to Metaxa, a greek alcoholic drink with a bit of a bad kick (the three star one, not 5 star). To be honest I don't mind this. I don't want to look expensive and I don't know what this drink is like so its hard to understand the comment. I do think it needs some work and would rather create my own identity typeface for Hg that a free font off the internet. Also I am not keen on the typeface choice for my details, possibly hard to read and gets lost.

CV feedback
Lots of things need changing in Grahams opinion, but I disagree with quite a few, mainly the comment about headings. He dislikes them and says an unprofessional approach will not get me a job. I see if as more of a personal and friendly touch. I don't want to appear serious. I am a fun person and it is something different to stand out (in a small way) from the others. I think these titles reflect me as a person and ideally I want to work for somewhere that is not too serious. I agree what the typeface is hard to read and too think, and that more consise information is needed to explain what work I have done. I also agree that things need a re-jig.

No comments:

Post a Comment