Thursday 6 January 2011

My typography

I feel like I'm not really producing anything interesting... Sure, I am learning the software but I think I can do better. Drawing out my own text for this and importing into Illustrator, creating outlines and then importing into After Effects to animate might make me get more interested in this project and create more effective work by using simple techniques. Here is a quick example I made creating my own type on Illustrator...

I think what has inspired me to do something dofferent is getting bored with the same old kinetic typography (I feel like once you've seen one good one, I've seen them all) this ABC Yo-Yo video amazed me and is the type of video I would love to do... sooo why arn't I?! Creating my own text seems like the perfect compromise and will be something I can put into my digital portolio while still keeping in touch with the direction I want to go into, typography.

IMAGE OF SKETCHED TYPE



This is only very quickly done to illustrate how I could use handrawn/my own designed type in this way. For this in Illustrator I drew my text (extremely quickly!) using the Pencil Tool and then selected expand (as like create outlines on type normally) this could then be pasted onto a new solid layer in After Effects and manipulated as with any other Illustrator type import.

No comments:

Post a Comment