Tuesday 25 May 2010

InDesign continued...

Check out my intial 'Indesign' post to find out all of the background information on my double page spread...


I have decided to use all of Robs favourite things to make up a imaginary story. I hope this reflects his style of illustration as it has a real life context but is a bit wacky aswell. I have used a bright turquoise background as this is Robs favourite colours but also it was the colour of most of his illustrations I liked the most.


Type/story
Rob Green’s illustrations are an extension of his personality and life. They give us an insight ino his mind. This story has been created by using all of Robs favourite things...

It was a lovely spring day when me and Rob Green went on a road trip to Formby Beach. The sea had a turquoise inge to it and the sun was beaming. We watched Biffy Clyro as they surfed. They were awesom earlier on in the day but as it got closer to lunch they seemed to loose their appeal. Gok Wan came over to us and tried to start up a conversation, at that point we ran away to get some food. In the first cafe we entered all the seats were taken up by Pandas eating full english breakfasts. We swiftly exited and ended up in another little cafe called ‘Threadless’ where we both ate chicken madras and drank jagerbombs. By the time we left the cafe the pandas had moved down to the beach and were building sandcastles... it was a strange sight. We started walking towards the pier but as we got closer a strange cartoon character with a green face approached us. “Hey, I’m Gir. Do you want to go on an adventure in my spaceship?” Once aboards we noticed that there were mountains of Xbox’s pilled high and huge display screens on every panel of the ship. Rob and Gir played Call of Duty for a while until the ship began to shake and a loud blast came from the base... Gir informed us that we were heading off into space and said it might take a while and so put on a DVD of Avatar for the journey...

Illustration ‘Gok’ by Rob Green.Check out his Facebook page or
http://r-green0912.blogspot.com/ for more great stuff!



Images
I chose to use one of Robs illustrations from the many on his Facebook page and blog. I choose his 'Gok" one to use as it was my favourite and seemed to draw upon what I had said in my introduction. 


Selection of thumbnails.

Screen grab of InDesign file showing grids and guides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment