Tuesday 25 May 2010

Grids and type continued...

I choose to redesign this article about cricket in Afganistan from 'ShortList' as it had a few images to work from and quite a bit of text. I liked the original layout... but hate wonky photographs... To be honest when I looked closer as I created my thumbnails the images are pretty naff and so I kept the main image but made more use of it and got rid of the others. I feel that in my new layout they are not needed and it doesn't matter that they have been made obsolete.

I used a 12 column grid as I couldn't work out an exact one from the magazine... but there were alot of columns. I really like what I have produced, layout design and working with type is definitely for me. It is what I have always done when I worked and I still love it!

Selection of thumbnails. 

Top two thumbnails draw at half actual size.
Original DPS

Screen grab of InDesign file showing grids and guides. 

No comments:

Post a Comment