Tuesday 17 May 2011

Colour palette

Originally I wanted to use pastel colours, ones which are not offensive but happy... however when I applied these to a flower design it looks weak and grandma-ish. The brighter colours work much better and look 'happier'.

















By adding colour and a background pattern to my already designed text I can get and show in my crit a feel for my overall design concept and style.

From this selection of different colours variations I hope to get peoples opinion as to which one works best for the invitation as this will be where my other designs spawn from.

















Suggestions were made to possibly have the text in black, however I think this looks to harsh. I think I will go with the lime or the green as neither of these are offensive... it is just down to a matter of readability issue. I don't have a problem with reading the lime version and actually like that it is slightly hard to read for some as it it almost hidden.


No comments:

Post a Comment