Sunday 4 December 2011

Evaluation of week 9

Woah week 9. After a chat with Momma and Pappa Gage, I have realised that I have got into the habit of designing stuff that looks cool, but may not be legible and work as a piece of communication as well as it could. I need to be able to balance the aesthetic of something as well as the clear communication. A few bits of my exhibition identity (Brief 03) need tweeking so that they make sense to the general public and outsiders.

Another review is that of my involvement in pop-up shops and fares. I am feeling pretty deflated after only selling 1 print at the Vernon Street pop-up shop. I don't think it is the quality of the work, but more the audience who attend such events. I am glad that I have a large number of these prints to give away to studios, however I need to think about the audience in future about any selling opportunities I go forward with. I am hoping to sell some of these in a different avenue, but not at such 'craft heavy' events.

More work needs to be done on our collaborative competition brief (Brief 04) and hopefully me and Steph will be wrapping this up tomorrow. I am hoping to extend this brief slightly, but am unsure yet how to do this until we have the main part completed.

A Type of Show identity (Brief 03) made a bit step forward this week, and I made quite a big change to the identity by simplifying it and only using one logo rather than a range. This will make it more visually similar and I am proud (yes, proud) of the one logo I have created and am using.

This coming week I also need to spend some time on extending Exhilaro (Brief 01) I can do this easily, I just need to DO IT!




No comments:

Post a Comment