Saturday 3 October 2009

OUGD104 - A Visual Vocabulary (29.09.09)

On Tuesday I had to represent words with different fonts and sizes of the letter "A". The words we had to represent were systematic, project, loop, finish, connect, spine, negative, enclosed, right-angle and break.


We then all swapped places and had to figure out which image matched with which word, through this we would be able to know if we were representing the words effectively. The person looking at my images got 8 correct which I was happy with.

In groups of 3 we also had to represent one of our "Randomiser" words using every letter of the alphabet. My group chose my word of "Compress" and we cut out ll the letterforms and stuck them down overlapping each other, as though the alphabet itself was being compressed from above, below and both sides...


Before this, we also did a group task where we organised the letterforms we had collected over summer. We could group them by colour, size, style... etc. My group decided to only use the letter "A" and we made a huge A from the letterforms we had collected.


No comments:

Post a Comment