Thursday 30 December 2010

Stretch - Quad Light

I wanted to experiment with a different font... one which was more robust and bolder so that I could distort it so far by 'stretching' indiviidual points it could look something like this...

IMAGE

Here is what I initially produced using Quad Light, but again when mask points interest they invert and this is so annoying! I like the font though and have another idea to emphasise stretching by using colour also.



I tried using opacity to show how the 'material' would thin as stretched. Again experimenting with the typeface Quad but this time in Ultra. Each letter had to be imported onto a seperate solid layer to create its own mask to avoid the problem of inverting when crossover occured. I may apply this technique to all letterforms in the animation... but just as a demonstration...

No comments:

Post a Comment